REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (Consultancy Services — Accountant)
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Consultancy Services — ACCOUNTANT
Ministry of Regional Development, Construction, Housing and
Communal Services of Ukraine
THE UKRAINE MUNICIPAL INFRASTRUCTURE PROGRAMME
Programme management and support unit
Ukraine has received financing from the European Investment Bank in the amount EUR 400 million under Finance Contract on 23 July 2015 (ratified by Law of Ukraine on 3 February 2016 # 975-VIII) for Ukraine Municipal Infrastructure Programme (“UMIP”) implementation.
Under UMIP loans will be extended to the Final Beneficiaries, for the purpose of implementing municipal infrastructure projects. UMIP targets projects in the following sectors:
- district heating;
- energy efficiency in public buildings;
- municipal lighting;
- water supply, wastewater;
- solid waste management.
UMIP will be implemented under general supervision of Ministry of Regional Development, Construction, Housing and Communal Services of Ukraine (hereinafter – Minregion).
In accordance with Finance Contract a programme management and support unit (the “PMSU”) within the Ministry of Regional Development has been established with a central UMIP management and support role.
The PMSU is responsible for the UMIP implementation related activities, including disbursements, procurement, financial management, environmental and social safeguards, assistance in UMIP coordination and general monitoring of the implementation on day-to-day basis.
The PMSU is also responsible for overall coordination, monitoring and providing support to the Project Implementation Units (“PIU”) within the Final Beneficiaries have to be established.
Implementation of the UMIP shall be regulated by Finance Contract, Programme Procedural Manual, Ukrainian legislation.
- accounting of the UMIP and grants, preparation of financial reports and financial control according to applicable laws of Ukraine.
- SCOPE OF SERVICES
Accountant will perform the following tasks:
- Organization and performance of accounting of financial transactions under the UMIP (loans and grants), including preparation of corresponding reports;
- Performance of accounting pursuant to the national legislation in effect, including the special statutory regulations of financial institutions’ activity;
- Preparation of all financial reports under the Project required by the national legislation in effect and submission of such reports to corresponding institutions (MRD, MoF, State Treasury and others);
- Preparation of documents, forms and reports required by the Budget Code of Ukraine;
- Preparing all the required documents for disbursements of special accounts;
- Provision of consultations and assistance to the Finance Department of the MRD;
- Reflection of all the UMIP-related transactions in terms of accounting, including further preparation of corresponding reports;
- Collection and consolidation of the information concerning the repayment schedule of the loans;
- Preparation of the financial information to be incorporated into the progress reports or upon request of the PMSU Programme Manager;
- Creation and updating of financial management files/records and payments under the UMIP;
- Other activities that may be required under UMIP.
Accountant will report to Head of PMSU and UMIP Coordinator.
- PROVIDED RESOURCES
- Workplace equipped with PC and telephone;
- Access to Internet, photocopier, printer and scanner;
- Project related documentation;
- Relevant EIB documentation.
- REQUIRED EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A minimum Specialist Degree, preferably Master’s Degree, or related professional qualification in Finance, Management, Economics;
- Knowledge of project finance and requirements to financial reporting;
- A good knowledge of financial reporting in the public sector;
- Sound knowledge of the Ukrainian financial system operation in the public sector;
- At least 5 years (preferably – 10) of experience at the position of accountant related to the international project implementation in the sectors, covered under UMIP;
- Experience in international projects preparation and implementation on the state/local/municipal levels (responsible body of power in which are authorities);
- Perfect knowledge of Ukrainian (preferably for foreign citizens);
- Fluency in English (can read, write, speak);
- Teamwork skills and cross-cultural cooperation;
- Good communication skills and the ability to transfer experience to other team members;
- Excellent knowledge and skills of using the Microsoft Office programs.
- PLACE AND DURATION
The services shall be provided in the city of Kyiv during 5 years (till December, 2023).
The services will be provided on a part-time basis under a time-based contract (monthly payments) with 3-6 months probation period and option to extend subject to the Consultant’s appropriate performance of the services.
CVs must be delivered to the following e-mails: email@example.com, TkachenkoPV@minregion.gov.ua with the subject: «Individual consultant — Accountant» until 21th October, 2019, 12:00 pm local time.
A consultant will be selected under EIB Procurement Guidelines.