REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (Consultancy Services — Monitoring and Communication Specialist)
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Consultancy Services — MONITORING AND COMMUNICATION SPECIALIST
Ministry of Regional Development, Construction, Housing and
Communal Services of Ukraine
THE UKRAINE MUNICIPAL INFRASTRUCTURE PROGRAMME
Programme management and support unit
Ukraine has received financing from the European Investment Bank in the amount EUR 400 million under Finance Contract on 23 July 2015 (ratified by Law of Ukraine on 3 February 2016 # 975-VIII) for Ukraine Municipal Infrastructure Programme (“UMIP”) implementation.
Under UMIP loans will be extended to the Final Beneficiaries, for the purpose of implementing municipal infrastructure projects. UMIP targets projects in the following sectors:
- district heating;
- energy efficiency in public buildings;
- municipal lighting;
- water supply, wastewater;
- solid waste management.
UMIP will be implemented under general supervision of Ministry of Regional Development, Construction, Housing and Communal Services of Ukraine (hereinafter – Minregion).
In accordance with Finance Contract a programme management and support unit (the “PMSU”) within the Ministry of Regional Development has been established with a central UMIP management and support role.
The PMSU is responsible for the UMIP implementation related activities, including disbursements, procurement, financial management, environmental and social safeguards, assistance in UMIP coordination and general monitoring of the implementation on day-to-day basis.
The PMSU is also responsible for overall coordination, monitoring and providing support to the Project Implementation Units (“PIU”) within the Final Beneficiaries have to be established.
Implementation of the UMIP shall be regulated by Finance Contract, Programme Procedural Manual, Ukrainian legislation.
- following up of contracting under the UMIP, monitoring of performance of signed contracts and assessment of progress in achieving project implementation indicators set by EIB;
- supervision of the communication processes on a UMIP level in order to ensure the compliance with the EIB’s requirements and the provisions of the required support to the PIUs.
- SCOPE OF SERVICES
Monitoring and communication specialist will perform the following tasks:
- Review/commenting/correction of draft contracts prior to their submission to the EIB for review and approval or prior to their signing in case of post-review;
- Monitoring of projects within UMIP for compliance with the EIB standards;
- Maintenance of databases and archiving of all contracts and amendments thereto signed under the Project, including copies of “no objections” (approvals) issued by the EIB for such contracts and amendments and other documentation as required;
- Organization of the communication with relevant Programme stakeholders (EIB, Ministries, Final Beneficiaries);
- Development of UMIP Communication Programmes on the regular basis, which should include the proposals on the communication tools and sources to used ensure the effective and transparent communication within UMIP;
- Data management and data processing for communication aspects;
- Assessment of progress of contracts signed under the UMIP;
- Preparation or review/commenting/correction of existing internal resolutions, orders and instructions of the MRD and/or the PMSU relating to implementation of the UMIP;
- Preparation and submission of procurement reports as required by laws of Ukraine in effects and rules and procedures of the EIB under the Project;
- Follow up of the UMIP monitoring and assessment indicators identified as well as other performance indicators showing the progress of the UMIP and grants implementation;
- Follow up endorsement of the recommendations and proposal issued by institutions in charge of inspecting the UMIP implementation status as well as the decisions made under the Project;
- Other activities that may be required under UMIP.
Monitoring and communication specialist will report to Head of PMSU and UMIP Coordinator.
- PROVIDED RESOURCES
- Workplace equipped with PC and telephone;
- Access to Internet, photocopier, printer and scanner;
- Project related documentation;
- Relevant EIB documentation.
- REQUIRED EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A minimum Specialist Degree, preferably Master’s Degree, in Engineering, Economics, Finance, or Law (or similar);
- At least 5 years (preferably – 10) of experience at the similar position of international project implementation in the sectors, covered under UMIP;
- Experience in international projects preparation and implementation on the state/local/municipal levels (responsible body of power in which are authorities);
- Extensive knowledge of monitoring and evaluation methodologies i.e. both quantitative and qualitative data collection, processing and analysis;
- Experience in public relations and data processing for communication aspects; a good understanding of routine information systems, and literacy in management information systems;
- Perfect knowledge of Ukrainian (preferably for foreign citizens);
- Fluency in English (can read, write, speak);
- Teamwork skills and cross-cultural cooperation;
- Good communication skills and the ability to transfer experience to other team members;
- Excellent knowledge and skills of using the Microsoft Office programs.
- PLACE AND DURATION
The services shall be provided in the city of Kyiv during 5 years (till December, 2023).
The services will be provided on a full-time basis under a time-based contract (monthly payments) with 3-6 months probation period and option to extend subject to the Consultant’s appropriate performance of the services.
CVs must be delivered to the following e-mails: firstname.lastname@example.org, TkachenkoPV@minregion.gov.ua with the subject: «Individual consultant — Monitoring and communication specialist» until 21th October, 2019, 12:00 pm local time.
A consultant will be selected under EIB Procurement Guidelines.