The Ministry for Communities and Territories Development of Ukraine (MinRegion) implements the state policy in settlements improvement, household waste management, heat supply, water supply and water sewage, and housing.
The main tasks of the Ministry are:
- promoting to initiate the relevant service by public service providers and managers of quality management systems based on national or international standards;
- monitoring the status of payments for utilities;
- settlements improvement;
- creation of a unified technical and socio-economic policy in drinking water, drinking water supply and water sewage;
- coordination of heat supply schemes of settlements more than 20 thousand inhabitants and regional programs of modernization of heat supply systems;
- household waste management, ensuring the development and implementation of state programs, plans, and measures in household waste management;
- coordination of activities of local state administrations in household waste management.
The Ministry cooperates with the EU institutions, foreign governments, international organizations, foundations, technical assistance projects, and donor institutions implementing public policy in relevant areas.