Ukraine has received financing from the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) in the amount USD 210,00 million under IBRD related Loan Agreement No. 8387-UA (USD 160,00 million) and CTF related Loan Agreement No. TF016327 (USD 50 million) toward the cost of Ukraine District Heating Energy Efficiency Project (hereinafter – the Project).
The Project will be implemented under general supervision of Ministry of Communities and Territories Development of Ukraine (hereinafter – Minregion). Minregion created a Central Project Management Unit (hereinafter – CPMU) for day-to-day management and coordination of the Project and provision of assistance to Utility Companies participating in the Project in disbursement issues, financial management, reporting and other Project related activities. CPMU shall be responsible for general coordination of activities and reporting under the Project.
Project implementation is regulated by the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine dated 27.01.2016 No.70 «On Procedure for the Preparation, the Realization, the Monitoring Implementation and the Completion of the Project Realization of the Economic and Social Development of Ukraine which are financed by International Financial Organizations», other Acts of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, instructions of Minregion, Project Operation Manuals and World Bank Rules.
The Consultant will support the RPMU during the implementation of contracts (works, goods, consultancy services etc. as required), provide advisory services to assist the RPMU in meeting the contracted technical specifications, works schedule, assess any requests of change(s), variation orders, claims and providing other input/advice as needed. The Consultant shall assist the CPMU with the preparation of the Project progress reporting.
III. SCOPE OF SERVICES
Contract Implementation Specialist will perform the following tasks:
• Assisting RPMUs with overall technical and financial management and administration of the contracts during implementation;
• Monitoring progress of Project implementation based on the Project implementation plan. Promptly convey information to the RPMU about any and every significant alteration, reasons of that alteration and its impact on Project completion, and, present proposals for remedy actions;
• Monitoring of Project costs against the budget. Promptly convey information to the RPMU about any and every significant alteration and give proposals for remedy actions;
• Assisting RPMUs with assessing the Contractor’s applications for change orders and providing a recommendation as to whether these should be accepted or not; reviewing the Engineer’s determinations in this respect;
• Assisting RPMUs with consideration of additional applications from the Contractors to subcontract parts of the works;
• Assisting RPMUs with consideration of other Contractor’s applications of different kind;
• Production and submission of all scheduled reports regarding Project progress;
• Advising the RPMU on all matters related to the execution of the contracts;
• Assisting the RPMU in preparing disbursement requests for drawdowns of loan funds;
• Assisting the RPMU with the preparation of regular reports to the Bank pursuant to the relevant financing documents.
Contract Implementation Specialist will report to Head of CPMU and Deputy Head of CPMU.
V. PROVIDED RESOURCES
• Workplace equipped with PC and telephone;
• Access to Internet, photocopier, printer and scanner;
• Project related documentation;
• Relevant Bank documentation.
VI. REQUIRED EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
• University degree in economics/business law/management/engineering;
• Experience of work in sector of public utilities/infrastructure/energy at least 8 years;
• Experience of work in projects of international financial organizations at least 8 years;
• Experience of work in DH/power engineering sector will provide an advantage;
• Experience of works for recognizable international contractors will provide a strong advantage;
• Practical knowledge of IBRD applied standard contracts forms, rules and procedures relating to general project management, procurement practices;
• Knowledge of IBRD Project and Financial management procedures will provide an advantage;
• Fluent English and Ukrainian, including knowledge of economic, legal, financial and technical terminology relating to the Project;
• Advanced level of PC skills, knowledge and practical skills of using standard MS packages (MS Word, Excel, Power Point), email and databases.
VII. PLACE, DURATION AND REMUNERATION
The services shall be provided in the city of Kyiv during the implementation period and until the closing date of the Project that is October 30, 2021. The services will be provided on a full-time basis (monthly payments) with option to extend subject to the Consultant’s appropriate performance of the services.
Interested persons should submit their CVs in Ukrainian and English at the following e-mail address: email@example.com (cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com) indicating subject of the letter: «UDHEEP-IC-15: Selection of individual consultant on the position of Contract Implementation Specialist».
The deadline for submission of CVs is 12:00 noon local time January 13, 2021. Selection of consultant will be carried out in accordance with the Individual Consultant selection procedure as set out in the World Bank Guidelines: «Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits and Grants by World Bank Borrowers» dated January 2011, revised July 2014.