Project: Second Urban Infrastructure Project (UIP-2)
Assignment title: Consulting services «Development of the National Water and Sanitation Strategy (water resources, water supply, waste water and reuse)».
Reference number (as per Procurement plan): ISCB-QCBS-02.
Current request for expressions of interest has been issued in accordance with general procurement notice (GPN) relevant to mentioned above project published in UN Development Business dated August 5, 2014.
Ukraine has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Second Urban Infrastructure Project (UIP-2) and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services to develop National Water and Sanitation Strategy (water resources, water supply, waste water and reuse).
The scope of consulting services (Services) is the development of an integrated document that must contains specific recommendations for the development of the housing and utilities sector of Ukraine.
The focus shall be at the following areas:
– The National Water and Sanitation Strategy is to generate a list of directions, goals and measures whose implementation will allow to increase the reliability and quality of the services provided by SS;
– Prioritizing of the problems in WSS and the order of their solution with provision of argumentation of allocating resources accordingly;
– Identification of the necessary actions, technologies, and timeframe establishment to solve the problems and eliminate market barriers;
– The National Water and Sanitation Strategy should contain comprehensive information on recommended laws and regulations, to be developed and adopted;
– Alignment of the National Water and Sanitation Strategy with State Water Strategy goals and terms;
– Identification of key stakeholders with the following interaction with all parties identified as stakeholders. Specify appropriate communication channels to effectively collaborate through discussion process with relevant stakeholders, and provision of decision-makers with the draft National Water and Sanitation Strategy to ensure its successful implementation;
– Provision of the conceptual basis for consensus on the directions of sector development for main market players and decision makers;
– Rational and environmentally sound use of water resources;
– Tariff setting process with specific recommendations for the development and implementation of an effective Tariff for appropriate WSS operation.
The Services envisage performance of the following tasks:
Detailed Terms of References may be downloaded using the following link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qh4oj401NhIyo0KNg0dO-sKCQ62zTn-e/view?usp=sharing or by submitting a request to email below.
The Ministry for Communities and Territories Development of Ukraine now invites eligible consulting firms («Consultants») to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are:
– At least ten (10) years of international experience in similar projects e.g. in State industry surveys/institutional surveys, etc.;
– Company and staff experience and qualification in rendering consulting services in utilities’ water supply and waste water;
– Experience in the countries with similar conditions (climatic, economic, cultural, etc.);
– At least one successful and accomplished assignment of a kind during the last five (5) years.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers, dated January 2011 and revised July 2014 («Consultant Guidelines»), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Consultants may associate to enhance their qualifications. The «association» may take the form of a Joint Venture or a sub-consultancy. In case of a Joint Venture (JV), all members of the JV will be evaluated jointly for the purpose of short listing and shall be jointly and severally liable for the assignment and shall sign the contract in case of award is made to that JV group. Interested consultants should clearly indicate the structure of their «association» (either JV or sub-consultancy) and the duties of the partners or sub-consultants in their application. Unclear expression of interests in terms of «in association with» and/or «in affiliation with» and etc. may not be considered for short listing.
Keeping one expression of interest per firm as principle, a consultant firm may decide whether it wishes to participate as a sub-consultant or as an individual consultant or as a partner in a joint venture. Please note that a firm shall submit only one EOI in the same selection process either individually as a consultant or as a partner in a Joint Venture. No firm can be a sub-consultant while submitting an EOI individually or as a partner of a joint venture in the same selection process. A firm, if acting in the capacity of sub-consultant in any consultant or in any JV, may participate in more than one consultant, but only in the capacity of a sub-consultant.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the QCBS Quality-Cost-Based Selection method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from 09:00 to 18:00 local time.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by 13:00 (Kyiv time) on July 13, 2021.
UIP-2 Central Project Management Unit (CPMU)
Ministry for Communities and Territories Development of Ukraine
24, Dilova str., Room 612, Kyiv 03150 Ukraine
T/F +380 44 207-18-21