REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST Consultancy Services — Monitoring and Communication Specialist Ministry for Community and Territory Development of Ukraine THE UKRAINE MUNICIPAL INFRASTRUCTURE PROGRAMME Programme Management and Support Unit
The Ukraine Municipal Infrastructure Programme (UMIP) is a multi-sector investment Programme with the Borrower, Ukraine, acting through the Ministry of Finance (MoF) in conjuction with the Ministry for Communities and Territories Development of Ukraine (Minregion).
Under UMIP, MoF will extend loans to the Final Beneficiaries, for the purpose of implementing municipal infrastructure projects.
UMIP targets projects in the following sectors:
- district heating;
- energy efficiency in public buildings;
- municipal lighting;
- water supply, wastewater;
- solid waste management.
The European Investment Bank entered into a finance contract (FC) with Ukraine on 23 July 2015 to provide a framework loan of EUR 400 m to support the UMIP.
In accordance with FC, a programme management and support unit (the “PMSU”) within the Ministry of Regional Development has to be established, which will have a central Programme management and support role.
As indicated in the Programme Procedural Manual (PPM), the PMSU shall be located within Minregion. The PMSU is responsible for the UMIP implementation related activities, including disbursements, procurement, financial management, environmental and social safeguards, assistance in Programme coordination and general monitoring of the implementation on day-to-day basis.
The PMSU is also responsible for overall Programme coordination, monitoring and reporting and for support to the Project Implementation Units in implementation of the UMIP in procurement, financial management, and other aspects to the extent required.
Implementation of the UMIP is regulated by Finance Contract, Programme Procedural Manual and Ukrainian legislation.
The objective of this assignment is the support of sustainable execution of contracts within UMIP, monitoring the execution of signed contracts and evaluation achievement of the project progress indicators, identified by EIB.
ІІІ. SCOPE OF SERVICES
The Monitoring and Communication Specialist ensures implementation of activities, aimed at support of UMIP implementation, including:
- review/commenting/correction of draft contracts prior to their submission to the EIB for review and approval or prior to their signing in case of post-review;
- monitoring of projects within UMIP for compliance with the EIB standards;
- maintenance of databases and archiving of all contracts and amendments thereto signed under the Project, including copies of “no objections” (approvals) issued by the EIB for such contracts and amendments and other documentation as required;
- organization of the communication with relevant Programme stakeholders (EIB, Ministries, Final Beneficiaries);
- development of UMIP Communication Programmes on the regular basis, which should include the proposals on the communication tools and sources used to ensure the effective and transparent communication within UMIP;
- data management and data processing for communication aspects;
- assessment of progress of contracts signed under the UMIP;
- preparation or review/commenting/correction of existing internal resolutions, orders and instructions of Minregion and/or the PMSU relating to UMIP implementation;
- preparation and submission of procurement reports as required by laws of Ukraine in effect and EIB rules and procedures related to Project;
- follow up of the UMIP monitoring and assessment indicators identified as well as other performance indicators showing the progress of the UMIP and grants implementation;
- follow up endorsement of the recommendations and proposal issued by institutions in charge of inspecting the UMIP implementation status as well as the decisions made under the Project;
- other activities that may be required under UMIP.
The Monitoring and Communication Specialist reports to PSMU Programme Manager and Programme Coordinator in Minregion.
- FACILITIES AND SERVICES PROVIDED BY THE CLIENT
The Client provides the Monitoring and Communication Specialist with the following:
- workplace in Minregion premises, equipped with PC and telephone;
- access to Internet, copying, printing and scanning devices;
- documents, related to UMIP and available in Minregion, including respective EIB documentation.
VІ. EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
The Monitoring and Communication Specialist shall meet the following requirements:
- a minimum Specialist’s Degree, preferably Master’s Degree, in Engineering, Economics, Management, Finance, Law or similar;
- at least 5 years of experience at the similar position in an international project implemented in the sectors covered by the UMIP;
- experience in monitoring of IFI-financed projects (preferably related to construction and implemented by state or local authorities);
- experience in monitoring, implementation status and risks assessment, preparation of progress reports within international projects (preferably related to construction);
- experience in preparation of press-releases and information materials for publication in mass-media;
- perfect knowledge of Ukrainian (preferably for foreign citizens);
- fluent English, including knowledge of technical, economical, legal and financial terminology;
- teamwork skills and cross-cultural cooperation;
- good communication skills and the ability to transfer experience to other team members;
- excellent knowledge and skills of using the Microsoft Office programs.
VII. PLACE AND DURATION
The services shall be provided in the city of Kyiv till July, 2025.
The services will be provided on a full-time basis under a time-based contract (monthly payments) with 3-6 months’ probation period and option to extend subject to the Consultant’s appropriate performance of the services.
CVs must be delivered to the e-mail [email protected] with the subject: «Individual consultant — Monitoring and Communication Specialist» until November 15, 2021, 12:00 noon local time.
CV shall be copied to the e-mail address of the Secretary of the Tender Committee of the Ministry for Community and Territory Development [email protected].
This contract will be financed by European Investment Bank (EIB) and is subject to the EIB’s Guide to Procurement.